Quality Metric Alert!
Are you familiar with Hospital Acquired Conditions? Certain diagnoses negatively impact quality metrics if they are not designated as Present On Admission (POA) and/or developed during the hospitalization.
Document when your patient’s diagnosis is POA:
• Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSIs)
• Catheter Associated UTIs (CAUTIs)
• DKA (Manifestations of Poor Glycemic Control)
• PE/DVT with THA or TKA
• Pressure Ulcers Stage 3 and 4
• Foreign Body left in Body following Surgery
• Air Embolism following Infusion
• Blood Incompatibility
• Surgical Site Infection following Cardiac Implantable Device
• Surgical Site Infection following CABG or Bariatric Surgery
• Surgical Site Infection following certain Orthopedic Surgery
• Iatrogenic Pneumothorax
If your documentation isn’t clear that the above conditions were POA, you may receive a query asking for clarification.
Download the complete tip, Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC).