Patients included in the NCDR registry are evaluated for the following discharge metrics:
• Discharged on Aspirin
• Discharged on P2Y12 inhibitor
• Discharged on beta blocker
• Discharged on ACE-I/ARB for LVSD
• Discharged on high intensity statin
• Cardiac rehab referral
Type 2 MI is EXCLUDED from both the NCDR tracking and CMS Mortality tracking.
|Type 1 MI||Abnormal troponin with rise/fall due to acute ischemia secondary to CAD||· STEMI
|Type 2 MI||Abnormal troponin with rise/fall due to acute ischemia secondary to supply/demand mismatch||· Type 2 MI
· MI due to demand ischemia
· MI due to ischemic imbalance
Documentation of “Type 2 NSTEMI” codes to Type 2 MI.
Download the complete tip, Acute Myocardial Infarction: Documentation to Support Quality.